Saturday, June 14, 2008

Straight from my paper journal.

(Written shortly after takeoff):
I know that it's time for me to go home, and I'm really looking forward to sleeping in my own bed, but looking down at the California lights as I ascend thousands of feet in the air is filling me with a deep sadness that I was not expecting.
I felt really at home [while I was there], which I was also not expecting. My heart is filled with such love and happiness and I just wanted to hold on to it a little longer.

(Written shortly after landing):
When I landed at JFK, I took out my ticked to see what gate I was going to for my connecting flight, and that's when I realized that it didn't say. My burns were hurting worse than usual, so I popped some pills and waddled off the plane and into the terminal. I found a TV that told me my plane would be at gate 18, so I slowly set out following the signs. After a few minutes of painfully dragging myself around, I found that I had to take a shuttle; awesome.
When I stepped outside, New York smelled like the inside of a tent on the first night of camping, and the shuttle smelled like a wet nap.
So far, so good.
Now I get to sit in the airport for two hours and wait for my 45 minute flight.
It's 5:15 a.m. EST, which means it's too early to talk to anyone on the east coast, and too late to talk to anyone on the west coast.


And now, a bird is flying around the gate. Inside. Ugh, even indoors New York sucks. I've also noticed that at these little food/drink/news stands, they have plenty of Pepsi and Diet Pepsi and Sierra Mist, but now Mountain Dew. If I see any Yankees or Giants fans, I'm going to throw up.
At least I got some sleep on the plane. They handed out sleep masks, so I forced myself to nap a little. I used the neck pillow my mom gave me and put it on the tray table and hunched over. I drooled all over it, and woke up several times to wake my hands up.
And I don't even look awesome.


Soon I'll update about the rest of my California adventures and the fun I'm sure to have[/better have] this weekend.


OH... and since when did they stop giving out blankets on overnight flights? SUCKS.

1 comment:

Ranielle Dandall said...

COME BACK. I just woke up and MY FLOOR IS SO EMPTY WITHOUT THAT MATTRESS. I have too much space and I dreamed that Stanley was my dad and he was in my parents' house with me and ordered me to go buy 12 cupcakes and I was like,"NO STANLEY, I'm on the wagon!" and he was all Stanley-ish in saying "I. DON'T. CARE."

just come back. it's fine.