Saturday, September 20, 2008

Life.

This week started off really well. Monday was my day from hell, with four classes (plus work, meaning out of the house from 8 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.), but I managed to get through it and still have a relatively good day. Tuesday I was late to morning care (what else is new), but I went to my physics lab after and I actually enjoyed it because I learned how to do it. Then I went to work and came home and mowed the front lawn and read tons of philosophy and took three quizzes on blackboard for Monday morning. I woke up (on the couch) Wednesday morning and I really didn't want to go to my 8 o'clock class, so I checked my e-mail, and lo and behold, class was canceled. The rest of the day went smoothly after that, until I got out of work.

Sara got a super sweet audition in New York, and I was planning on going with her (and her mom) to spend the weekend in the city. I called her on my way home from work, and she told me that the plans had changed a little and the bus tickets were going to be $47, one way. That meant that money would be incredibly tight, so I was contemplating whether or not to go while I was opening a letter from Fitchburg State:

A bill for $584.01.

There went my weekend. I fell into a hole after that and I'm finally getting out of it. I didn't finish cutting the grass that night like I had planned to. Instead I got high and ate a pint of ice cream and felt sorry for myself. Thursday I woke up and went to morning care (late, again) and brought Sara a coffee from Gourmet and skipped physics to sleep until 12:30. Then I finished cutting the grass and went to work, after which I did a little homework and then went to Peter's house with Greg, and us, Glenn, and Greg (DiFran) got drunk around a fire. Yesterday I woke up at 12:30 hungover and got a bloody nose (yuck). Work was really fun, but on my way home I started to get really sad and lonely.

It was the first time since my dad left that I really felt the emptiness. It was one of those nights where I would have called him and he would have come over (or have already been at the house with Jesse) and we would have just eaten dinner and watched tv and I would have felt better instantly.

Instead I watched some things I recorded on DVR until my mom came home, and we ate cookies and watched the season premiere of House. At 10 I went to my room, rolled myself a joint, smoked half of it, and fell asleep watching Futurama.

This week is a nice metaphor for my life. Things look really good, but they usually don't turn out that way.

Eventually they will, though. Until then, I guess I'll just concentrate on living.

1 comment:

Spikeamighty said...

I was missing you mightily yesterday; I felt alone, depressed, wished I was in Leominster so I could see you, hear Donna's voice, have a couple of beers with Jesse. The Finch's youngest daughter is here for a week or so, with her boyfriend. They all went to dinner in Portland last night; made me miss the family even more. I went for a long, silent drive to sort things out and put myself back on the right (positive) track. Nothing is ever easy in life, but we have to believe; then end of your post gives me hope. I know you "get it." I love you very much.
Dad