Friday, March 26, 2010

Time to recant.

Not because I was told to, but because the last entry was written off emotions, so this one should be too. It's easy to forget that reaching out to someone can be as easy as walking in the front door after a long day. When I got home I was prepared to spend the entire night curled up in bed, wallowing, and all it took was a conversation to turn my whole night around. It's amazing how just talking to someone can make you feel so much better, and I, like most people, often forget that and leave my misery to myself.

The support is there, it's just up to me to use it properly. I won't delete my last post because it is a very valid one, just not always. There will always be someone here for me, but sometimes it's just easier to feel sorry for myself than it is to admit that a turnaround is right downstairs.

I love you, mom. I'm slowly learning to grab your hand when you extend it. Please don't stop trying. (And thank you for not giving up, no matter how many times you wanted to.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I cannot tell you how I felt as I read this recant. I will never stop extending my hand to you, flesh of my flesh, I love you more than life itself and will be your best friend for the rest of your life. Ask your father - he was always there to help us get through the tough times, but now, without him, it is just you and I. Sad but true. We can make it Al, I know we can.
m