Thursday, July 31, 2008

Kickball.

It really takes hanging out with all of the right people to realize that you've been hanging out with the wrong people all along.

Today was a really super good day and I had so much fun. Tonight was especially fun. I'm so glad to be light years away from the person I was just a year ago. If this is what growing up and maturing feels like, then sign me up.

I'm also beginning to really appreciate my family. This past weekend, I drove down to Virginia with my father to visit my aunt. We spent two days sitting around and playing Scrabble and just really enjoying each other's company. My dad's aunt and uncle came down to visit, too, and they took us out to dinner and we all visited my uncle's grave the next day. It was a really warm feeling to be surrounded by people that share your history.

Everything seems to be falling together quite nicely. My friends are good, my family is good, and as a result I'm becoming myself more and more each day. School is starting soon and I only see good things coming from that, and to be honest I'm more than excited to go back. I'm actually looking forward to homework. I've come a long way in the past few years, and though initially I would want to change some experiences, I know I wouldn't because they've made me me. I'm driving myself towards real goals and creating a present and a future for myself all at once.

The way I figure it, life's a gift and I don't intend on wasting it.

1 comment:

Ranielle Dandall said...

is there any life lesson that titanic CAN'T teach us? seriously. is there?

nope.